The Unified Alliance of Worlds III: The Antiquarians

Tactics and Action Reports.
silvermoon383

The Unified Alliance of Worlds III: The Antiquarians

Post by silvermoon383 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:26 am

This has been a very long time coming, suffering numerous extensive delays due to moves, new jobs, Final Fantasy XIV….but here it is at last! The Unified Alliance of Worlds III: The Antiquarians! At long last we get to see just why Lady Eurix and her Zuul armada suddenly abandoned her campaign to crush the Alliance’s Core Exploration Fleet.

For this TAR, I’ve set up the basic Antiquarians scenario and done nothing but set up the names and empire colors to match (as best as I could) the ones used in Commander Rui’s graduation presentation in “The Deacon’s Tale”. Along with that, I’m going to try to stick as close to the main SotS lore as best as I can, but I’m sure there will be discrepancies.

One other note, with the loss of Xfire I’m trying to figure out a new way to get screenshots. I’ve linked SotS 1 to my steam account in the hope that I could use it’s system but no luck so far. Might have to get Fraps or something.
Ngima Tstal Aysanhìyä lu tìrey!

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: The Unified Alliance of Worlds III: The Antiquarians

Post by ZedF » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:04 pm

Good luck and have fun :)
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

silvermoon383

Post by silvermoon383 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:57 am

Turn 1-10

“And so, as we observe the 5th Remembrance Day, let us also look towards the future. Already Humanity has risen from the flames and taken our place amongst the stars.” The Director gestures towards the giant holograms to either side of him, displaying the two colony worlds of Alpha Centauri and Barnard’s Star. “Cradled in the bosom of two other planets, humanity will survive the worst that the Hivers can throw at us, but this is only the beginning. Under the care of SolForce, humanity will continue to expand, and nothing will impede our march to the stars.”

The crowd erupted into polite applause, and the Director stepped away from the podium, allowing the Master of Ceremonies to wrap up the proceedings. In less than half an hour he was back in his office with his aide ready with the latest reports.

“Excellent speech Director.” she greets him with, handing a data tablet over. “It’s quite prophetic really, the first batch of reports are quite encouraging.”

After the Hiver attack on the Nova Maria, SolForce knew that they couldn’t hit back until they found the aliens, so the first ships built were ones capable of long range exploration. Paired with a tanker, the 5 scouts would be able to travel for dozens of light years along the node chains, transmitting petabytes of information a day. Two main node chains extended from the Earth and the colonies, and from there they continue to spread out. Within the first month the scouts had explored 13 systems: Nyotekundu, Ross 128, Serurier, Broward, Wolf 424, Davoui, Clarkesstar, Bessieres, VB 8, L 347, Wolf 358, Neubayern, and DM+ 2 3482. They were a mixed bag, but there were gems in the mix. Broward was close and habitable, Davoui, Bessieres, Neubayern, and DM+2 were even better if a bit more distant. Colony ships were already filling up with volunteers to tame them all, but the shipyards were having trouble keeping up with the demand.

In an effort to expand the shipyard capabilities, the Research Division worked hard on Advanced Robotics, allowing faster construction. After that, the Biotech Department developed a viable method of Suspended Animation, letting the colony ships carry more people, though a more controversial development was the technology of Atmospheric Adaptation. During the trip to their new homes, the stasis pods will modify the colonists’s DNA, specifically altering their respiratory systems to better breathe the local atmosphere.

All in all, it was an excellent report. Humanity was expanding in just about every direction without pause, and things were looking up. “Thanks for bringing these.” the Director says. “Go get yourself a cup and I’ll see you at lunch.”

“Um, Director? There’s one final report, classified.” She hands over one last data tablet, black of the deepest of secrets. Typing in his access code, the Director reads carefully, eyes growing large as realization sits in. The scoutship was about to leave Wolf 358, but their long-range sensors picked up an alien ship heading to the same system. Too far away to identify, the Captain had elected to stay and try to get as many details as they could. The first was astounding: the ship was moving faster than light, and in realspace!

“Thank you, that’ll be all.” he tells his aide, all the joviality instantly gone. She nods and leaves, closing the door behind her. Bringing up the communication system, the Director only had one message: “Summon the Legators. All of them.”
Ngima Tstal Aysanhìyä lu tìrey!

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:16 pm

nice writeup, keep it coming =)

btw for screenshots just hit the print button on your keyboard.
creates screenshots in .jpg and .png format in the sots root folder, at least on my system

greetings

DervMan

Post by DervMan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:58 pm

Good write up, so yeah, keep it coming! ;)

marshb

Post by marshb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:47 pm

Ditto! :thumbsup:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Return to “T.A.R.”