Anyone made an "all techs unlocked mod"?

Moderator: Makail

Rossinna-Sama

Re: Anyone made an "all techs unlocked mod"?

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Tue May 23, 2017 6:10 am

AdmiralFox wrote:Sorry about this resurrection but when using @BlueTemplar All Tech, I got EVERYTHING not just the researchable techs. Can someone cook up one with ONLY the researchable techs?

So you want one which doesn't include the so called hidden techs like the Inertial Projector and Grav Torpedo?
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

AdmiralFox

Post by AdmiralFox » Tue May 23, 2017 8:13 am

Rossinna-Sama wrote:
AdmiralFox wrote:Sorry about this resurrection but when using @BlueTemplar All Tech, I got EVERYTHING not just the researchable techs. Can someone cook up one with ONLY the researchable techs?

So you want one which doesn't include the so called hidden techs like the Inertial Projector and Grav Torpedo?

I mean when I use the 'all tech' bit, I get a lot of weapons with the @[insert name here] designations. I don't want those to show up on my games, as they clog up the weapon selection and thus make it impossible to try out all the different weapons. :(

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Mon May 29, 2017 11:21 pm

AdmiralFox wrote:
Rossinna-Sama wrote:

I mean when I use the 'all tech' bit, I get a lot of weapons with the @[insert name here] designations. I don't want those to show up on my games, as they clog up the weapon selection and thus make it impossible to try out all the different weapons. :(

In the vanilla game, there should only be a few which have that @ symbol as most are named. If you're using a mod though, that's when they tend to appear.

If you're using a mod, which one per chance are you using?
If not, then the simplest way would be to note down the weapons with incorrect strings and find them in the base\weapons or EOF\weapons folders, and editing them so <IsVisible> is False instead of true.
That'll prevent them from showing up on the design screen.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

AdmiralFox

Post by AdmiralFox » Tue May 30, 2017 1:28 am

Rossinna-Sama wrote:
AdmiralFox wrote:
Rossinna-Sama wrote:In the vanilla game, there should only be a few which have that @ symbol as most are named. If you're using a mod though, that's when they tend to appear.

If you're using a mod, which one per chance are you using?
If not, then the simplest way would be to note down the weapons with incorrect strings and find them in the base\weapons or EOF\weapons folders, and editing them so <IsVisible> is False instead of true.
That'll prevent them from showing up on the design screen.

None, I never modded the game so it's as vanilla as can be. A few examples of this is the CIWS variant of the PD Gauss, all the pulse lasers (including pulse phaser), and even missiles.

I'll see if what you've stated works out but I'm not going to make any promises.

Return to “Modding”