SoTS RTS?

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.
rytram

SoTS RTS?

Post by rytram » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:09 am

Now, I know we are all hoping for a SoTS: HD, And eventually a SoTS III. but what if per-say, Kerberos made a ground level SoTS RTS featuring all of the races and their ground based military units. Wouldn't that be sorta cool? you know. like "Ground Pounders" but only RTS. And, people who love 4x generally also love a proper RTS. This could be like the other side of what happens during the wars. Sword of The Stars: Planetary Assault(or whatever) :insane:. Just hopefully its more like "Supreme Commander" then "Star Craft".

I wouldn't really presume to suggest to Dev's what they SHOULD make. I am merely interested in what everyone thinks about this concept.

What do you people think? lets talk about it.

**Post edit**
I completely forgot about Ground Pounders but that game isnt really the style I'm talking about anyway. but it IS the other side I was talking about.
Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!

jiggyjiggy

Re: SoTS RTS?

Post by jiggyjiggy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 am

hey, I like Supreme Commander too.

Personally, I'd like to see larger scale and longer space battles. As for ground combat, Dawn of War 1 is a great example.

willdieh

Post by willdieh » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:15 pm

There's a lot of people who feel rts as a genre is dead... I'd love to try a sots rts but the reviewers would probably tear it apart if it wasn't completely cutting edge. Sots as a 4x still has unique play style that's nowhere to be found in the gaming industry which is why it has so many loyal fans.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 pm

If I was going to do a battlefield level game for the SotSverse it would be a lil different than an RTS :twisted:

rytram

Post by rytram » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:11 pm

Mecron wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 pm
If I was going to do a battlefield level game for the SotSverse it would be a lil different than an RTS :twisted:
interesting. of course hypothetically speaking. what would you imagine you would do with it. more like Civ? or something to the ground level 4X nature or what. maybe like Ground Pounders 3D. or something
Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!

jiggyjiggy

Post by jiggyjiggy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:37 am

rytram wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:11 pm
Mecron wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 pm
interesting. of course hypothetically speaking. what would you imagine you would do with it. more like Civ? or something to the ground level 4X nature or what. maybe like Ground Pounders 3D. or something
Maybe a fusion of Civ, Total War and Dawn of War. SotS on land.

Imagine 30 hexes per planet and 50 stars. 1500 hexes in the map. That's super fuckhuge for an RTS.

Return to “Suggestions”