Sequel to original Ghostbusters set for 2020

All off-topic, non-Kerberos chatter. Saw a flick? Read a comic? Heard a tune? Got some news? Do it here, please and thanks.

Moderator: Erinys

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Sequel to original Ghostbusters set for 2020

Post by Nspace » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:43 pm

:D :love:

To be directed by Jason Reitman (the four-time Oscar nominee son of original director Ivan Reitman). Production begins this summer, but no word yet on the cast.

I'm excited and curious as to what they are going to do with it. And I'm very curious as to who they will cast.
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Sequel to original Ghostbusters set for 2020

Post by Mecron » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:12 pm

I hope instead of the last movie with 4 women ghostbusters, this movie will have 8! So I can watch boyMan heads explode like in the ending of kingsmen.

DemoMonkey

Post by DemoMonkey » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:15 pm

I hope it has as many women as is needed to make it good.

Four was clearly not enough.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:09 pm

you are right...we should square it...16!

(and for the record I will gladly watch the last movie a hundred times more than I would watch ghostbusters 2.)

DemoMonkey

Post by DemoMonkey » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:01 pm

I would actually say the remake is just as good as Ghostbusters 2. Which may be a textbook definition of damning with faint praise.

The movie annoyed me, not because of any "They spoiled mah childhood with girl cooties!" nonsense, but because they took 4 very funny women and wasted their talents for 116 minutes.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:06 pm

I kinda think you are fulla crap but its a free world...until my project gamma comes to fruition of course!

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:23 am

Mecron wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:06 pm
I kinda think you are fulla crap but its a free world...until my project gamma comes to fruition of course!
Quick, while the US Government is shutdown... launch your invasion! I gladly welcome our invading Canadian overlords!

Azrael Ultima

Post by Azrael Ultima » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:03 pm

zanzibar196 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:23 am
Mecron wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:06 pm
Quick, while the US Government is shutdown... launch your invasion! I gladly welcome our invading Canadian overlords!
Didn't they just end that? I mean, only for a few weeks, but still.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:59 pm

None of the issues around the wall are resolved. Trump is stuck on building a wall because that’s the promise his base is holding him to. Republicans are stuck along with him because their base forces them to be. Democrats aren’t having too much difficulty convincing most voters (crucially including independents) that extending literal walls is unnecessary, and that they have better ideas for border security more generally; moreover their base is as adamantly opposed to Trump’s wall as his base is adamantly committed to demanding it.

So I’m expecting Trump to shutdown again (won’t work any better this time) or declare emergency (will get shot down by courts, unpopular with Congressional Republicans) and lose another battle. There’s really no way out of this for him. He’s made his bed and now he’s got no choice left but to lie in it.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:23 pm

yeah making your stand on literal concrete is a tricky one to fudge away. Another shutdown though is political suicide. The Dem's will let him put that gun to his own head but their compromise will simply be 5 billion on increased surveillance tech.

Hari Seldon

Post by Hari Seldon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Once in office, Trump dropped the wall like a hot potato until suddenly now. This video hypothesizes that Fox and other right-wing commentators caused Trump to suddenly "remember" about the wall.
https://youtu.be/4pITlnrvhrY

The republicans are so far gone that they are not in charge of themselves, that's the lobbyists (republicans gutted senate and house committees so lobbyists write most of the law) and the right-wing news.
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Salvor Hardin, Foundation

Return to “Off Topic Misc.”