Say hypothetically...

Talk about all things to do with the acclaimed 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

Space Voyager

Re: Say hypothetically...

Post by Space Voyager » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:46 am

It is a graveyard most of us keep an eye on. Kerberos did make Fort Zombie, too. ;)
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

mark

Post by mark » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:32 pm

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sax62BkshHqa8ZmX9 SOLFORCE BLUESUN B-24

Hypothetically... this will never happen.
Keep your eyes on the Horizon.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:02 am

wow

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:28 am

:droolage:
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

balti knights

Post by balti knights » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:01 pm

...or maybe it will?
Last edited by balti knights on Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke.

rytram

Post by rytram » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:41 pm

impressive. if only we got more people making model designs. using their love of Sots to provide Kerb with some modern assets to reduce their workload.
Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!

rytram

Post by rytram » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:44 pm

remember everyone. i have a petetion for SoTS HD on change.org http://chng.it/BKkDPvzK

and a Reddit community https://www.reddit.com/r/SoTS_HD_Petition/

don't forget to join and Sign. i have like 441 signatures atm and steadily growing.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:42 pm

Nice work!

Zardoz

Post by Zardoz » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:36 am

Mecron wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:28 pm
or get 30K signatures saying they are interested in a sots:redux and we will start prepping the KS campaign the next day ;)
Or at least release the source code, so the community could fix the annoying fleet design bug.
On any case, I signed the petition.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:52 pm

and what would you, specifically, do with it?

JPowell

Post by JPowell » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:42 am

SOTS 1 remains my favorite game of the genre, and I would LOVE to see it updated. I haven't posted here in a while, and didn't see Mecron's "hypothetical" until alerted by a post on "Explorminate". I've signed the petition and donated some money to hopefully expand the petition's reach.

I enjoy the game as-is, but moving it to 64 bit with the memory benefits and sharper graphics would be great. The additions I would like to see include: making mines more useful (like SOTS 2, where they are part of the defensive suite rather than combat craft), assault shuttles simulating planetary invasion (perhaps like the bio weapon mechanic, where landed "soldiers" fight the imperial population on subsequent turns until the planet is captured or the invaders are killed), buffing drones so they are useful later in the game, and expanding the tech tree so research remains important the entire game.

I certainly hope the SOTSHD project is successful, but I won't hold my breath. This is a huge challenge for Mecron and Kerberos, but it would be amazing if they could pull it off.

Cainan

Post by Cainan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:33 pm

Mecron wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:52 pm
and what would you, specifically, do with it?
They would check out the entire repo, bulk change all the spacing to tabs, line widths to 80 columns, cuddle parens, and then commit the changes with the single line tag of 'Code beautification.'.
You know.. the Helpful stuff.

:lol:

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:30 am

:lol: :angel:

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:58 am

Whoever code inspects that is going to shoot him ;)
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

rytram

Post by rytram » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Just an update. It has been a bit since I created the petition and Reddit community. The petition has gained some traction and is sitting at 634 signatures currently. This is far from our 30k goal, but I assume this is mainly due to lack of exposure. Any assistance in getting the word out would be helpful. Additionally, while I have the reddit community, I am not an active moderator of it. If there is anyone whom is willing to manage the community and update it with pics and concepts I would gladly promote you to a moderator.

Furthermoar, I should probably add a picture to the community and the petition. So, @Mecron, if I could have your permission to use one of the SoTS cover arts for the community page I would appreciate it. What I would REALLY like is someone to design a SoTS:HD cover for it. I am no artist by a long stretch so it would go a long way to gaining some traffic.

We are all passionate about the prospect of turning this "Hypothetical" into a reality, especially Mecron. Otherwise, he would have never posed the question to begin with. All we need to do is give Mecron the financial incentive to move forward. As we all know, Kerberos will essentially be building an entirely new game. Sure there is the old game as a template, but, everything will have to be rebuilt from scratch. Not only will Mecron need the money, but I believe that since we are all passionate about this, those of us who can should do what we can to lessen the burden. Something like community created assets. 3D models of ships, artwork, maybe even re-synthesized audio. Anything we could do and submit to help out. Kerb will have their hands full building a new engine and writing code.

It isnt enough to start making the game and to make a kick starter. I am doing what I can to further exposure. one of the biggest things we can do is to help market and advertise it if it does reach the stage of being a reality. like a PR army lol.

Now, you might wonder "what's in it for me?". I don't know. Pride. The game. A sense of accomplishment that you were part of an effort to make a dream a reality. While Mecron may want to make the game, it is US who WANT it. Getting it IS the reward. But, who knows? Personally, I don't care. I just want the game and ill do whatever i CAN do in order to get it.

Change.org http://chng.it/ZnGtN2pJq8

Reddit community https://www.reddit.com/r/SoTS_HD_Petition/

Return to “SotS”