Something New and Different...

Searchers after fiction haunt strange, far places.

Moderator: Erinys

splintercell56

Something New and Different...

Post by splintercell56 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:13 pm

I have finished the Short Story, albeit its shorter then I wanted it to be. The ending however is just right. Please enjoy and as always constructive criticism is always welcome.

*And to restate what used to be part of this post, this story is not part of the SOTS mythos, fiction, or stories. It is a creation entirely of my own.

*EDIT* As of 4-5-07 the story has been completed

Battle at the Beachhead

Sol Sector
Jupiter System

With a flash the Boost Engines of the Terran Federal Navy Mobile Assault Platform Jupiter Two disengaged, and reverted back to normal Ion drive. She continued to glide on an intercept path towards the encroaching Val'Shren fleet, and the massive enemy Jump Gate structure that lay ahead.

“Report!â€
Last edited by splintercell56 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 11 times in total.

splintercell56

Post by splintercell56 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:57 pm

I have updated the story, and finished the story. As always feel free to comment.
Last edited by splintercell56 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baldrick

Post by Baldrick » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:57 pm

cool story.... and i can see wing commander influences :P

splintercell56

Post by splintercell56 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:34 am

Thanks for the comment Baldrick. And yes Wing Commander was an influence along with: Starlancer/Freelancer, and the Homeworld series.

I had to give the Concordia name one last great stand.

splintercell56

Post by splintercell56 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:48 pm

I have finally finished the short story, its all contained and edited in my original post. It will appear as well on FictionPress.com later today for the protection of General Copyright laws.

As said before constructive criticisms and comments are always welcome, And I hope you enjoyed reading a part of something I enjoyed creating.

Links to FictionPress:
http://www.fictionpress.com/

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: Something New and Different...

Post by Erinys » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:41 am

splintercell56 wrote:I have finished the Short Story, albeit its shorter then I wanted it to be. The ending however is just right. Please enjoy and as always constructive criticism is always welcome.

*And to restate what used to be part of this post, this story is not part of the SOTS mythos, fiction, or stories. It is a creation entirely of my own.

I won't delete this thread this time, but next time please just post a link either here or in Miscellaneous, without putting in any text! This section is for SotS-related fiction, and material which treads on other copyrights, even in homage, does not belong here. We are not legally entitled to publish that sort of material.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

splintercell56

Post by splintercell56 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:24 pm

I am sorry for the problems I may have caused, believe me they were not intended. Please move it to misc. section if you are worried about legal conflict. But seeing as how it is my story and my universe, by posting I have already given legal consent for the viewing, reading, etc... etc... of said materials. If you want to be more safe change my user name to my shorthand name CharlesNPG. Or delete it all together.

I swear this was not intended to cause problems, just to allow people to let their imaginations wander. I in no way mean to insult SOTS or related material, I just wished to put another story in what appeared to be a dying fiction section. I just wanted nothing more then the critique of readers, aspiring authors such as myself, and authors such as you Erinys. So I can grow as an author.

I may have a few problems with SOTS gameplay, but I have the utmost respect for the culture, universe, characters, settings, and plot it completely entails.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:47 pm

That's fine, hon. I just need to draw a few clear lines of demarcation. The fiction section here is for SotS-related fiction; you can post links on the forum to stories set in other milieu or published elsewhere, if you like, but please don't put in text. We cannot protect you or ourselves legally if you do.

We are only able to take responsibility for our own copyrights and intellectual property here, and we are only able to offer people the right to create their own artwork within our own fictional universes. We have to be careful about things being posted that do not belong to us.

--Arinn

splintercell56

Post by splintercell56 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:49 pm

Then please to prevent future problems for you, please move it to misc. That way everyone wins. Or delete it, I can always repost a link on Misc, when the servers at FictionPress.com post it.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:55 pm

What am I, a Doombot? :P I don't have the power to move threads from one forum to another. And if I felt the thread urgently needed to be deleted, I would have axed it to start with.

I'm just letting you know what the scoop is. Might as well leave the thread up for general information. ;)

--Arinn

splintercell56

Post by splintercell56 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:32 pm

I didn't mean to imply you were a Doombot, tho that has a nice ring too it. "Fear me or feel the wrath of the legendary Doombot. Death, destruction, and the eraser of threads follow me. Muhahahahhahaa...ha!"

But ah you could critique it?

Return to “Fiction”