[Download] Sots2 Weapons Explorer v 1.2.1

Galactic diplomacy with extreme prejudice.
Galwail

[Download] Sots2 Weapons Explorer v 1.2.1

Post by Galwail » Wed May 09, 2012 1:12 am

Sots2 Weapons Explorer
Version: 1.2.1 (8. 12. 2012 build)

Made by:
Galwail- coding
embair- GUI design, testing

Sots2 Weapons Explorer is a simple application, that allows you to load Sots2 .weapon files and edit weapon stats or view various useful statistics, which will help you in your quest for the galactic domination :D

Requirements:
  • A working copy of Sword of the Stars 2
  • .NET framework 4.0 available here (You might have it already. I'm not sure, if Sots 2 uses version 4.0 or 3.5)

How to use:
  • First you will have to pick the directory with the game's x64 executable and the directory with .weapon files. The default options should work for most people.
  • After that you will see a list of weapons. You can filter the list and display weapon's detailed statistics like damage against N armor layers or damage per second.
  • Most of weapons stats can be edited and saved back to the .weapon file.

What might not work:
  • Weapons that fire more than one shot in one volley. This can't be read from the .weapon file and have to be manually added to the configuration file. I know only about heavy energy cannons. If you know about another weapons that fire more shots in one volley, let me know and I will update the configuration file.
  • Because I am generally lazy, I have used Sots2 binaries to read .weapon files. Therefore the entire application might stop working after any game update ... we will see :D

Things than might be added in the future:
  • Ability to edit more stats.
  • Details window that will show details of selected weapon in the weapons list.
  • Comparison window, that will show various useful graphs for selected weapons.

• To Kerberos for making Sots2. Hope you guys don't mind that I am messing around with your binaries :angel:

Enjoy!
Galwail

Change-log:

Version 1.2.1
  • Fixed beam damage when beam damage period is set to 0

Version 1.2.0
  • Compatibility fix for Eof expansion
  • Weapon details windows now always stay on top of the main window

Version 1.1.0
  • GUI overhaul
  • Ability to edit damage grids and most weapon stats

Version 1.0.2
  • Minor fixes in shots per volley
  • Damage grids now display proper damage patterns

Version 1.0.1
  • Minor fixes in shots per volley

Version 1.0.0
  • Initial release
Last edited by Galwail on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:49 am, edited 13 times in total.

Weidekuh

Re: Sots2 Weapons Explorer

Post by Weidekuh » Wed May 09, 2012 6:35 am

I haven't had time to take a look but stormers fire 10 shots per volley.

DeKa

Post by DeKa » Wed May 09, 2012 10:09 am

yes, bursters shoot 10shots per volley, also the rapid-fire missile shoots 6 missiles per volley, projectors shoot 30shots per volley (dont know about the meson beam projector, its a beam so go figure) and i might think the non-instant/homing pd weapons fire more than one shot (or im mistaken that i changed them to that :p)...

PS: do i understand right, i cant alter the files with that ?... that would be quite AWESOME :D

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Wed May 09, 2012 10:15 am

Laser PD shoots 3 shots and Phalanx 4. Rapid Fire is only 5 missiles, you are thinking of MIRV which explodes into 6 missiles.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

DeKa

Post by DeKa » Wed May 09, 2012 8:51 pm

nope i didnt meant the mirv ... i know it fires 6missiles but that happens a good 200m away from the target...

and i just think "why 5 for the RF-Rack" ... i think it has a 6barrelel battery...

Galwail

Post by Galwail » Wed May 09, 2012 9:36 pm

I need those numbers to calculate correct damage per second.

• Stormers fire 10 volleys quickly after each other, so I guess that that's correct.
  • Bursters have volleys 1 and fire 10 shots ... so I'll fix that
  • Mirv missiles are good catch, will be fixed.
  • Rapid fire missile has 5 volleys, so that's ok I guess.
  • All projectors have 30 volleys, that seems ok.
  • Laser PD have volleys 3, Phalanx PD 4 ... that is also ok and don't need to be fixed.

As for editing, that's an interesting idea. Maybe I will look into it during the weekend.

EDIT: What about IOBM MIRV Missile, don't they have more than six warheads?

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Thu May 10, 2012 12:01 am

DeKa wrote:nope i didnt meant the mirv ... i know it fires 6missiles but that happens a good 200m away from the target...

and i just think "why 5 for the RF-Rack" ... i think it has a 6barrelel battery...

You can look it up yourself, it has 5 volleys.

IOBM MIRV has 10 regular missiles.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Galwail

Re: [Download] Sots2 Weapons Explorer v 1.1.0

Post by Galwail » Sun May 20, 2012 10:53 pm

New version is up. Let me know what other stats would you like to edit and I will add them.

Exitialis

Post by Exitialis » Mon May 21, 2012 10:27 am

This is great!
Did Kerberos say they would release mod tools or how long will that take?
If not, this will be very usefull, and it's always great to see the community come up with options on their own.
It would be nice to be able to edit range of the weapon, and the speed of the projectile.

If you could figure out a way to edit burst fire weapons that would be great, I would love to be able to edit more weapons to act like stormers, but with less damage.
Like set an option for a High Explosive Armor Piercing round to be a burst weapon and then be able to set the number of shots fired and the time between each shot.
That would be freaking awesome! :D

Duplicating weapons would also be nice, to make a new variant of them. This would be much, much harder though.

Galwail

Post by Galwail » Mon May 21, 2012 3:47 pm

You can already edit range, volleys. VolleyDelay and other projectile related stats will be added. As for cloning weapons ... creating new weapons from existing ones shouldn't be too hard.

Turbo

Post by Turbo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Enveloping torpedoes do many times their damage per shot. I wonder if your app takes this in account.
I haven't really used them, but from the description, enveloping torpedoes do 12x vs CR, 4x vs DN and 1x vs LV.

Galwail

Post by Galwail » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:30 am

New version is up. It is now compatible with the End of Flesh expansion. Next thing on the list to take into account sub-munitions, so that we can get accurate results for MIRV missiles, Thud missiles, Shredders and other such weapons.

Also when I looked today at my half year old source code, I wanted to puke, will that happen every half year? :x

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Nspace » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:28 am

Galwail wrote:Also when I looked today at my half year old source code, I wanted to puke, will that happen every half year? :x

Yes. I've run into it with my own code a number of times and I can't tell you how often I hear my boss say things like "I wrote that? Why in the world did I do it that way?". :lol:
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

Return to “The Weapons”