SotS SG19

Tactics and Action Reports.
ivra

Re: SotS SG19

Post by ivra » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:14 pm

It seems that it is only us two left in this SG. I'll play 10 turns today or tomorrow.

I am wondering about mining small worlds even if we can live on them. Since we eat 20 resources per turn we will soon have to close trade routes on colonies with few resources. To prevent that, we can dump resources from the small worlds instead of colonizing them. Because of our restrictions on colonizing new worlds there should be enough large sized worlds that we can colonize for the remainder of the game. What do you think?
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:40 am

ivra wrote:It seems that it is only us two left in this SG. I'll play 10 turns today or tomorrow.

I am wondering about mining small worlds even if we can live on them. Since we eat 20 resources per turn we will soon have to close trade routes on colonies with few resources. To prevent that, we can dump resources from the small worlds instead of colonizing them. Because of our restrictions on colonizing new worlds there should be enough large sized worlds that we can colonize for the remainder of the game. What do you think?

It's probably not a bad idea; it'd extend the usefulness of our worlds until we can finish up against the Zuul.
My Morrigi fleet-speed calculator for SotS Prime
The Holy Lands - Hivers vs. the infidel Liir (and others)
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

ivra

Post by ivra » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:02 am

Turn 220
As mentioned I started preparations for mining the small sized worlds, beginning with checking out Wazn, a size 1 world with 4828 resources. I also ordered a lot of freighters and biomes for a new colony.

Battles
Fourth Coming is attacking Zhadum, defended by 5 DNs, 11 CRs, 7 DEs, and 20 sats: No losses (barely), and took out 3 DNs, 4 CRs, 6 DEs, and 1 sat.
First Batch is attacking Manticore, defended by 5 CRs, 20 DEs, and 20 sats: No lossed and took out, 2 CRs, 5 DEs, 13 sats, and the colony.

Turn 221
Building biomes for a second world to colonize and a couple of DN supports to bring the number up to 3 in all our AM DN fleets.

Battles
Fourth Coming is continuing the attack on Zhadum, now defended by 3 DNs, 7 CRs, 2 DEs, and 19 sats: Lost the gate and 1 CR, and took out 3 DNs, 7 CRs, and 1 DE. I should be able to concentrate on the colony next turn.
First Batch is cleaning up Manticore, now defended by 3 CRs and 13 DEs: All clear, no losses.
Third Wave is attacking Star Haven, defended by 9 DNs, 11 CRs, and 20 sats: A strange battle as there were no DN CNCs. Instead the enemy fleet was lead by a CR CNC, and the DN that participated was a radiant bore. I managed to take it out before it fired its cannons. Still I lost 1 DN and 1 DE. Took out 1 DN and 11 CRs.

Turn 222
Pulse Phasers done, starting Plasma Torpedo in an attempt to get better torpedoes on our DNs. Redisigning some ships to incorporate Pulse Phasers.

Battles
Fourth Coming is continuing the attack on Zhadum, now defended by 1 DN, 5 DEs, and 20 sats: Everything, but 6 sats down, no losses.
Third Wave is continuing the attack on Star Haven, now defended by 8 DNs and 20 sats: Lost 1 DN and 2 DEs, but took out 1 DN, 9 sats, and the colony.

Turn 223
Tasia colonized. Sixth Sense is going to attack W'kanda. It is currently empty of enemy ships.

Battles
Sixth Sense is attacking W'kanda, defended by 6 DNs (arrived this turn from Star Haven) and 19 sats: No losses (Zuul had no CNC ship) and took out 1 DN, 11 sats, and the colony.
Fourth Coming is cleaning up Zhadum using AR: Success, no losses.
Third Wave is cleaning up Star Haven using AR: Success, no losses.

Turn 224
Plasma Torpedo done, starting Fusion Torpedo. Zenla colonized.

Battles
Sixth Sense is cleaning up W'kanda, now defended by 1 DN (the rest moved away) and 8 sats: The DN was a radiant bore, but again it was not able to fire its node cannons; all clear and no losses.
Third Wave is defending Star Haven from 2 CRs and 1 DE using AR: Lost 1 DE.

Turn 225
Building some more freighters.

Battles
Forth Coming is attacking Archon, defended by 1 DN, 9 DEs, and 20 sats: No losses; took out 1 DN, 3 DEs, 13 sats, and the colony

Turn 226
Fusion Torpedo done, but we do not have any link to AM torpedoes. Starting Interrogate Zuul. Maybe we can force them to surrender?

Battles
Seventh Heaven is attacking Ultara, defended by 2 DNs, 6 CRs, and 2 DEs: No losses and only one heavily damaged radiant bore and 2 CRs left.
Forth Coming is cleaning up Archon.

Turn 227
Interrogate Zuul done, starting Dominate Zuul. Building more biomes.

Battles
Sixth Sense is attacking Prion, defended by 2 DNs, 36 CRs, 7 DEs, and 30 sats: No losses, took out 23 CRs, 4 DEs, and 1 sat.
Fifth Wheel is attacking Lusus, defended by 1 CR, 1 DE, and 20 sats: Only 4 sats to go. No losses.
Seventh Heaven is attacking Ultara, now defended by 1 DN (heavily damaged radiant bore) and 1 CR: Success, no losses.

Turn 228
Dominate Zuul done, starting Subjugate Zuul.

Battles
Sixth Sense is continuing the attack on Prion, now defended by 2 DNs, 13 CRs, 3 DEs, and 30 sats: Lost the gate and took out 1 DN, 11 CRs, and 1 sat.
Fifth Wheel is attacking Lusus, defended by 2 DNs (arrived this turn) and 4 sats: Success, no losses.
Third Wave is defending Manticore from 1 DN and 4 CRs: Lost the gate and took out 3 CRs. I had to chase the third CR and when I took it out the rending bore arrived and blew up the gate.
VN visited Kithrup (a colony): I let the mothership survive.
VN visited Sphinx (an uncolonized world): I let the mothership survive.

Turn 229
Subjugate Zuul done, starting Data Correlation. I showed all my cards to the Zuul player, but he rejected my offer to capitulate :-) Will try again next turn.

Battles
Sixth Sense is continuing the attack on Prion, now defended by 2 DNs, 2 CRs, 6 DEs, and 30 sats: Killed 2 DNs, 2 CRs, 6 DEs, and 12 sats, no losses. The colony was damaged, but survived.
Seventh Heaven is attacking Adhara, defended by 1 DN, 1 DE, and 30 sats: Took out everything except 12 sats, no losses.
First Batch is attacking Aichi, defended by 3 DNs, 19 CRs, 1 DE, and 10 sats: Lost 2 DNs and 1 CR to take out 1 DN, 12 CRs, and 1 DE.

Turn 230
W'kanda is colonized (using 22 biomes...). Zuul did not surrender this turn either, so the show must go on.

Notes:
  • Blue Command and Third Wave are ready for action.
  • First Batch took some losses but can continue the attack if you like. I have not set up the gate.
  • Fifth Wheel is waiting for an incoming fleet at Majipoor.
  • Sixth Sense is in the middle of an attack, but will receive two gates and the gjs fleet next turn.
  • Seventh Heaven has just cleanup to do at Adhara. I have not set up the gate, nor built a gjs and a replacement gate for Adhara/the fleet.

SG19-230.sav
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:51 pm

Sorry for the delay; I'll get my turns done on Saturday.
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

ivra

Post by ivra » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:50 am

Starknight wrote:Sorry for the delay; I'll get my turns done on Saturday.

No problem. Maybe you get to finish it during your turns. It depends on how stubborn Zuul is...
Good luck!

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:42 am

Turn 230:

Research Modular Construction for a little more income.

Send ADN.99-05 Fifth Wheel off to Lagash; move Third Wave to cover Majipoor. Gate deployed at Aichi, will hang back to defend.

IT:

Prion - Our DN fleet vs. 1 DN, 2 DEs and 22 sats. Enemy ships ran, we killed 9 sats and crushed the colony.

Lagash - Our DN fleet vs. 2 CRs, 10 sats and a colony. AR should kill them all off.

Pentacon - Our DN fleet vs. 9 CRs, 14 DEs, 30 sats and a colony. They want peace... how cute. We kill 5 DEs and 3 CRs, 12 sats, and beat on the colony a little bit.

Adhara - Our DN fleet vs. 12 sats. AR to remove them.

Majipoor - an old DN fleet vs. 10 CRs, 7 DEs. We lose the gate to a barrage of corrosive missiles.

Aichi - Remnants of an old DN fleet vs. 2 DNs, 6 CRs, 2 DEs. Will defend the gate and keep my fingers crossed. Gate destroyed, two PD ships lost, but both DNs are down.

Turn 231:

MC comes in, setting research to Flag Central Command.

Deploying gates at Lagash, Adhara, Majipoor and Aichi. Garrison fleets and replacement gates being built.

Tasia completes development. Ixion is colonized, currently set to infra building while W'kanda finished terraforming.

IT:

Prion - 3 DEs and 13 sats remain at this world. AR to kill them.

Pentacon - 1 DN, 7 CRs, 13 DEs and 23 sats to destroy. Killed 3 DEs, 4 CRs, 10 sats and ~20% of the population.

Majipoor - AR to remove the single enemy CNC.

Aichi - 3 DEs, 5 CRs and 10 sats. Still defending the gate until reinforcements can arrive; kill off most of the ships early, make a run on the planet. Kill about half the population, 3 sats, 4 CRs and all the DEs.

Turn 232:

Fleets wait for gates and garrisons to arrive. Third Wave moves to Aichi, where it will be combined with First Batch.

IT:

Prion - 2 DEs arrive; we AR them into submission.

Pentacon - 2 DNs, 2 CRs, 9 DEs and 14 sats remain. Colony down, a few ships and about half the sats down.

Aichi - 1 DN, 1 CR, 10 sats and the colony. Third Wave takes point. Enemy ships killed, several sats down, planet beaten on.

Turn 233:

Flag Central Command goes overbudget, will finish next turn.

Pentacon is a mining target now, we pushed the CH out of our range. Ah well.

W'kanda finishes development. Ixion needs 2 more turns. I opt not to colonize any further worlds.

Seventh Heaven pushes off to Laertes. Fifth Wheel heads to Zoon. Sixth Sense jumps to Shoni.

IT:

Pentacon - 7 DEs, 3 sats remain. AR to remove.

Shoni - 1 DE, 6 CRs and 20 sats vs. our DN fleet. Ships and planet down, some sats remain.

Laertes - 6 DEs, 10 sats vs. our DN fleet. Cleared.

Aichi - 2 DEs, 10 sats vs. our old-school DN fleet. AR to remove.

Turn 234:

Flag Central Command completes. Begin research on KK Missiles, although I don't think we'll need them for anything.

Deploy gates at Pentacon, Shoni, and Laertes. Order up gjs fleets but will delay gates until necessary.

IT:

Shoni - 1 CR, 6 sats remain. AR to remove.

Laertes - 1 DN, 5 CRs arrive; our DN fleet awaits. No CNC ships on their side makes it an easy fight.

Aichi - 3 DEs. AR to remove.

Turn 235:

Fourth Coming sent to Bronson Alpha. Sixth Sense sent to Barrett. Other ships moved around as needed.

IT:

Barrett - 1 DE, 10 sats at this colony. Demanding surrender with AR if they decline. They opt for destruction.

Turn 236:

Move garrisons into place. Seventh Heaven launches on Cuthbert.

KK Missile comes in on time. Researching Zero-G Deconstruction.

IT:

Cuthbert - 6 DEs, 1 CR, and 20 sats. AR to clear this world.

Zoon - 2 DNs, 11 CRs, 4 DEs and 20 sats. Again, no CNC ships. Kill some ships and the planet.

Turn 237:

Zero-G Deconstruction completes, researching Deep Space Constructors.

Deploying gates at Cuthbert and Zoon. Sixth Sense dispatched to attack the Zuul homeworld of Okara.

IT:

Lagash - elements fleeing Zoon wind up here; AR due to rules, we will lose the gate and gjs fleet.

Zoon - 1 DE and 10 sats left, AR to remove.

Bronson Alpha - 2 DNs, 4 CRs, 1 DE and 10 sats vs. our DN fleet. Both enemy DNs, some sats, and the colony down.

Turn 238:

Gate deploying at Bronson Alpha. Seventh Heaven pushes off to Cargg. Fifth Wheel heads back to Lagash. Third Wave moves to defend the gate at Cuthbert.

Building gjs fleets at Okek'tis, gates at Kithrup.

Deep Space Constructors completes, researching Monitor Construction.

IT:

Bronson Alpha - 1 DE, 1 CR, 7 sats. AR to remove.

Laertes - more elements fleeing a destroyed Zuul world come across a gate and gjs. 1 DE, 2 CRs face off against our ships; AR due to CP limit rules.

Turn 239:

Enemy ships fled Lagash, not surprising. They seem to be mostly falling back on their colonies, but node-line limitations mean they might hit some nearby worlds first.

Fourth Coming attacks Kaprica, where there is a Zuul AM and a half-dozen ships.

Monitor Construction goes overbudget.

IT:

Okara - 3 DNs, 6 CRs, and 31 sats greet us. (One of the DNs is a Sensor Station.) Looks like there are no command ships here, though. No losses.

Cuthbert - 3 CRs and a DN vs. Third Wave. No losses.

Lagash - one CR. AR to remove.

Atarask - VN come calling on our homeworld. I put the Homeworld garrison on the front lines and shoot down probes. No losses.

Turn 240:

Monitor Construction comes in. Leaving next tech choice open.

Rename a couple of gjs fleets, repair ships, and save.

Final Thoughts

This one is almost done. ADN.99-01 First Among Equals will be finished next turn; it's our Flagship fleet, and should be able to assist in finishing off the Zuul. I didn't try demanding surrender (other than at one world). They might give in this time, seeing as how they're down to just a few worlds left.

On the other hand, if you maintain a high operational tempo, we should be able to finish them off in the next turnset (or two, at the most). They don't have the economy left to build many ships and their nodeline network is probably looking pretty bad. I see maybe 15 colonies they could have (10 known to be colony worlds), and we can hit 3-4 of those every few turns.

I have not been waiting around for gjs and replacement gates in favor of hitting hard and fast. There are garrison ships at Okektis, and gates at Kithrup. Make sure to check on the gate-status of our operational fleets before sending them out. Have fun!

ivra

Post by ivra » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:52 am

Well, that was the quickest 10-turns I have ever played. I loaded the game and clicked demand surrender. They agreed. Next turn and victory :-)

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:21 pm

Heh. I probably could have gotten it from them on 239, then... ah well. :)

Return to “T.A.R.”