Say hypothetically...

Talk about all things to do with the acclaimed 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

d_booter

Re: Say hypothetically...

Post by d_booter » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:06 pm

I'd like to see procedurally generated planet surfaces, variations of the main type for each race. Imagine discovering a new Earth with continents and oceans of a configuration that no one has seen before, and never will again. That certainly would heighten the experience for those of us who like to explore a bit in between battles. Toss in with that planets which look amazing and alien even when they are useless, like in that final episode of Defiance, and I'll be waiting as eagerly for a (hypothetical) HD update as I will any new game in the genre.

(Note: I have not played SotS II, therefore do not know whether any of this have been implemented before by the SotS team.)

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:32 am

COME ON KERBEROS, this NEEDS to happen! Go big or go home!

I tried many a space strategy and I just want more SotS... SO DO IT! ;)
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:28 pm

I think that at this point in time...we're just shouting to the hills. This project is right next to Northstar in likelihood. Kerberos is now concentrating on its indy offerings and smaller games.

Trying to fund something like this as a small studio is obviously going to be really hard and I think we need to temper our expectations accordingly and make peace with the fact that there may be no more SOTS to come in the form of space strategy/4x games.

Also...its been a really crappy couple of years so...
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:53 pm

Yeah yeah, I guess you're right... I just really wish Kerberos would strike it BIG, but this is very unlikely with small projects IMO. Especially since even small projects demand a ton of work.

Anyway, the best of luck to Kerberos.
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:53 pm

"This project is right next to Northstar in likelihood."

Slash I know you think you are wise or helping and at least I know you mean well, but the reply you are reading right now was the 13th one I composed as the first 12 were NSFW.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:50 am

Well you're right. I apologize...

And I can assume you are working on SOTSHD then? Asking for a friend.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:41 am

I'M THAT FRIEND!!! :o

Drexy

Post by Drexy » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:04 am

Mecron wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:53 pm
"This project is right next to Northstar in likelihood."

Slash I know you think you are wise or helping and at least I know you mean well, but the reply you are reading right now was the 13th one I composed as the first 12 were NSFW.
Why would you get mad over a reasonable statement ? I'll tell you what ill make you mad and say this isn't going to happen, just look at the terrible games you'd rather release then a SOTS 4x game, The Pit: Infinity is mixed reviews and the two games released after that have like 3-6 reviews each and look worse than 48h game jam games.

You had a passionate playerbase that you keep telling to buy your shitty games and you may do a HD version of the first game but after SOTS 2 and all the other terrible games you've released since then why should we spend our hard earn cash on games we have no interest in when you haven't proven you are even capable of doing a good job at a SOTS remake

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:44 pm

oh drexy, please get a life at least to the point where you can understand the level of sarcasm that passes between grown ups that have exchanged easily 200 posts over the past 5 years? Seriously, this obsessive hate thing is not good for you, haunting message boards is not a healthy thing for a human to do. Go free!

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:45 pm

Slash and SV...you guys though...never change :love:

Return to “SotS”